Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Yeah!

Well to start with we got into the Ronald McDonald House! That means we are able to park for free, and stay there for a small fee until Garrett is discharged. It also means that Rylynn and I can go down Wednesday night, spend the night as a family and have Thanksgiving together. We are thrilled to be chosen to stay in the Ronald McDonald house. We got a tour tonight and we will all be there tomorrow! We are so thankful that God has blessed us with a room.

We also have had several people praying for Garrett and the doctors. And we have been blessed to have our pastors visiting us through this. I was able to spend a few minutes with Garrett this evening and even change his diaper! Though he slept through it all!

Last night was a rough night for Garrett his oxygen and heart rate kept dropping and they are not sure why. Therefore the ventilator is still hooked up. They are hoping to continue to decrease how much he is on the ventilator though. He saw the genetic doctors and had blood work done today. He is also having a 24 hr heart test ran. We are hoping for answers tomorrow. And we are thrilled to be able to have an actual bed and be together tomorrow night. Though my arms are aching to hold my baby I am thrilled I got to change a poopy diaper tonight...that was the highlight of the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miranda- I have said many prayers for your family and little Garrett this week. I hope that he is feeling better soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love- Vanessa, Ron, Lexi and Lily