Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

We are spending Thanksgiving still at Riley. Garrett is still in ICU. Last night he had a rough night and wasn't able to focus or track with his eyes. I stayed with him until about midnight and then came over to the Ronald McDonald house and Ryan, Rylynn, and I were able to be together in a room.

This morning we waited for rounds from 9am-1pm and still no doctor due to emergencies. We came over and ate lunch with my dad and one another. Then went back and talked to the doctors. They are concerned about his tone. (muscle- he clenching his fist alot ) The neurologist will look at him tomorrow and have to do more tests on him once he is off of oxygen and awake. They will be making sure we are not going to have any long term consequences due to this event.

Rylynn got to ride home with Papa Cows and is staying with my sister Mirissa for the weekend. We will be staying down here all weekend and going from there. Thank you for the continuing prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see that you were able to hold him, I'm sure it's not the same with gloves and a mask, but at least it's contact. Glad he's still off the ventilator too. We'll continue to pray and hope you get some good news from the doctors about his condition and long term effects. Glad you could spend Thanksgiving with your little family, even if it was in the hospital. Love and hugs to you guys!
Tara

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see that you were able to hold him, I'm sure it's not the same with gloves and a mask, but at least it's contact. Glad he's still off the ventilator too. We'll continue to pray and hope you get some good news from the doctors about his condition and long term effects. Glad you could spend Thanksgiving with your little family, even if it was in the hospital. Love and hugs to you guys!
Tara

Anonymous said...

Ah Miranda, just knowing you are at least getting to hold him is wonderful. Hoping you get some answers soon. We will continue to keep Garrett and your whole family in our prayers. We appreciate the updates, I have been checking it several times a day -just anxious for you. Lots of love and hugs your way -just know we care!
Love & Prayers Clara & Family