Sunday, November 22, 2009

Garrett Update




Garrett has received no results. All tests have come back negative. He has had a CT scan, EEG, ECG, lab work, and an Ecogram. Everything has been ok. We are still unsure what has happened other than he stopped breathing on us while we were driving Friday night to get his 3 month pictures taken. He did turn blue and I gave him 3 breaths and a few compressions as Ryan was driving, once Ryan got pulled over he gave him another breath while I called 911. We were transported to Howard emergency. He received a ventilator there as well as medication to medically paralyze him through the bone. We think he had a seizure as well. He was then lifelined to Riley Hospital. He was immediately put in ICU where they continued the ventilator and started chest X-rays (which they do daily).

Saturday really nothing happened. An Ecogram was done as well as X-rays. Garrett had to have a blood transfusion because his blood pressure as well as his HBC count was low. He did swell a lot, so they gave him some meds last night.

Today has been a waiting day. His heart rate has been dropping alot and they have bagged him a few times and ran an EKG. He is no longer medically paralyzed which is good and he did well dealing with that. That is all we know as of now. His swelling has gone down. I have attached two pics that were taken Sunday evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww. it makes me sad to see my little guy like that! I am sure that it is hard for you guys too! I love you guys. Give him a kiss for me:)
Aunt Jo