Saturday, July 24, 2010

Update on our little man

Well we have been quite busy. The last week of June we were told that Garrett would have to have a G-tube placed. The first weekend in July Garrett had surgery and a G-tube placed. He did well with it until July 8th. At that time we were having trouble with the feedings, so we had to head to Riley's ER and were there until 4am and then were placed in a room.
We were released the next day. Garrett is currently doing well. He is only taking formula by the tube, nothing by mouth. His physical therapist has said she can already tell a difference. We will be having a feeding study done the end of August and an evaluation done for occupational therapy within the next two weeks.
We are all so pleased how well he is doing, he has a wonderful babysitter who has stayed with us through all of this...we love her!
Through all of this we have remained busy. Ryan was promoted on Memorial day to a manager at his branch in Monticello, I am still working for the same company and going to grad school. I took two classes this summer. So far I have finished one and it was a blast...the other one I could do without.
Rylynn is working hard on potty training. She loves daycare and playing with all her friends. She is ready for preschool in the fall. She has also helped me pick and freeze blueberries, we are up to 20 lbs and hoping to get more Monday.
We are hoping before Garrett's next surgery (in October) that we will be able to go on vacation.

And last, I must have been real emotional when I was writing my last blog. At times I don't think it is fair what we have to go through, but then I remember that there are so many people that are worse off than us. Even though this last year has been rough, I wouldn't have changed it for the world!

I have learned so much
1. I had to take a longer maternity leave and take FMLA = more time with my family and kids
2. I become even more thankful for my family, church family, job, and my husband.
3. I praise God for what he has taught us and how we can help our children that suffer
4. I realize God choose my two kids to be raised by Ryan and I, I would not change anything about them. This is what God wanted.

So I apologize for what I said. We are doing great and we owe so much to our Lord. He is wonderful. We are coming up on a milestone for Garrett. He turns 1!!!! So we will are so excited to have a BIG birthday bash and to thank everyone for how they have helped us.

Thank you for the continued prayers

No comments: