Monday, August 27, 2007

What a Scare!

Well our week was full of scares. Rylynn got a sinus infection and we had to go to the doctor on Wednesday. But Tuesday night we decided to put the Vicks Vaporizer in her room. We turned it on and shut the door. About 12:20AM we heard the fire alarm going off! I jumped out of bed and picked her up. Ryan realized it was only going off in her room. I ran outside with her to check to see if the whole house was on fire while Ryan tried to get the fire alarm off. We couldn't get it to go off. We realized it was from the steam on the vaporizer...so one lesson learned, never shut the door if there is a working vaporizer in the room.
The on Sunday we were coming home from working at youth group. We had a green light....and all of a sudden then car comes out of know where and runs a red light I started screaming because I knew we would hit and Ryan slammed on the breaks. But I know it would it been bad had he hit us....he was flying and would have hit on my/Rylynn's side. So again...what a scare.

Sunday night I was reflecting on the week as I was rocking Rylynn and I just thanked God over and over for giving us a chance to spend more time with Rylynn and each other. I literally saw my life flash before my eyes on Sunday and I was scared to death on Tuesday. It's crazy how your life changes once you have a child and you realize that if something happens to one or both of the parents what decisions have to be made.
Have a great week. We are hoping for no more scares this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, it does sound like you guys had quite the exciting Sunday. I'm glad that Ryan was able to get you stopped and that God was watching over you. Hope this week is going better. :) Your site looks good.